Beethoven 2020 – a Topic with Variations
EPTA Germany has seized upon the 250th anniversary of Ludwig van Beethoven’s birth as an opportunity to invite people to his birthplace of Bonn to the 42nd European Conference of EPTA Associations titled Beethoven 2020 – a Topic with Variations.
The following topics will be addressed during a series of lectures, lecture recitals and concert contributions:
• Beethoven’s works in teaching and concert: Educational approaches and artistic interpretations through the ages
• Beethoven's compositional techniques: In between variation and work on motifs and themes
• Beethoven as an impetus for change in the history of music: His influence on composers to the present day
• Beethoven as a teacher: The musical heritage of his students
• Beethoven's skills as a pianist and improviser: What can be learned from Beethoven for (free) piano playing?
• Beethoven as a human and humanist: Interpretations in the mirror of his time and his significance today
The languages of the congress are German and English.
There will be contributions from all national EPTA associations and the programme will be available on the website at www.epta-deutschland.de from March 2020. Due to organizational reasons, attendance is only possible following prior binding registration via the website.